We now offer telemedicine appointments to patients who can visit one of our providers face-to-face from anywhere.
We accept insurance for telemedicine or offer a self-pay fee per appointment.
Experience the convenience, flexibility and real-time care telemedicine can offer with our providers
How Does A Telemedicine Appointment Work?
As long as you have an internet connection, a telemedicine (or “virtual appointment”) will allow you to have a video-based appointment with one of our providers.
You’ll schedule a telemedicine appointment the same way you would an in-person appointment, only you’ll indicate you’d like the appointment to be telemedicine-based.
All telemedicine appointments use HIPAA-compliant software and protocols to ensure your personal health information is protected, just as it would be if you were in the office.
To use telemedicine:
- You’ll be sent a link to “visit” our office
- Click the link several minutes before your appointment
- Ensure you have access to a computer or device with a camera and microphone
- Be prepared to be on camera with your physician and support staff (such as a medical assistant or nurse)
- Have a reliable, stable internet connection
- Have any documentation and/or photos necessary ready to upload
The browsers below will work with the telemedicine platform:
- From your computer, use the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari 11+
- From an Apple device (iPhone or iPad), use Safari
- From an Android device, use Chrome
Typically, the cost for a video visit is the same as an in-person visit. Copay and deductibles still apply to telehealth visits.
Copays and deductibles will be collected prior to the visit and you may receive a bill for any balance after the appointment.